In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kingfish recipes please

BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
edited April 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
I had my first deep sea trip last summer and came back with a bunch of kingfish fillets.

My fishin' buddy(who goes every year)told me to put foil on the grill,place meat,skin down,dowse w/zesty Italian and wa la.The skin sticks to the foil and the meat scoops right with a spatula.

Works good.Pretty tasty too.

I've also fried some up in a skillet w/corn meal like we do with just about any other fish around here.That's pretty good too.

But am I missin' out on somethin' better[?][?]

Any other secret recipes out there[?]

BW

Comments

• Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Slow dry smoked... then made into dip, either with just mayo or with soft cream cheese, a couple dollops of sour creme, and a single dollop of mayo.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    That sounds good!![:p]

I'll try it!

Thanks!

BW
  • Options
    John ClydeJohn Clyde Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smoked is the way to go. Slow smoke until flakey, and keep wrapped in foil until ready to eat. Great with some very sharp cheddar cheese and an ice cold Michelob, maybe some potatoes chopped up and cooked in foil on the grill, with lots of butter, salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. John Clyde