In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake Erie fisherman...notice

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited April 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
CLEVELAND Governor Ted Strickland is concerned about availability of fish in Lake Erie. So today he issued an order to reduce the sport fishing bag limit for Lake Erie yellow perch from 40 to 30. The order is in effect immediately. The limit was boosted to 40 last year after nine years at 30. Lake Erie commercial fishing businesses will also have a reduction in their allowed catch.

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Strickland sucks. Isn't his nickname taxing Ted?

I'm planning on taking a perch charter out of Erie at some point this summer, Poor Richards runs one that is like $25 a head, can't even fill the boat up for that.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Strickland is more of a puppet than anything else, If there wasn't someone around telling him what to go he would become totally sedimentary.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Actually, I approve this. I watched Walleye fishing go from a boom in the late 80s and 90s to nearly zip in the early 2000s. In 1997 I caught over 80 Walleye, and never had to drive more than 10 miles to get them. In 2003, I caught 3 Walleye, and had to drive 20 miles or more to get them. Now last year was a good year again, AFTER they lowered the limit from 10 back to 6 and instituted a minumum 15 inch rule. I would personally like to see it taken down to 3 with an 18 inch minimum for a few years.

It's called conservation; it is a good thing.

Anyhow, I never catch 30, much less 40 Yellow perch worth keeping in a day. I toss any under 8 inches back.