In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First Fishing Trip This Year!!

ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
edited May 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
Just got back from the first trip of the year. Usually I start earlier but have had nothing but bad luck getting out there. Fished Blue River in Southern Indiana for smallies. Caught 3 small smallies on a 5wt. fly rod with a brown woolly bugger and two Kentucky Bass on a curly tail. Weather was perfect but water was up a little and fast.

Comments

• Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've only made two float trips for smallies here in VA. first trip me and my buddy had 2 16"s and an 18" and 2 18"+ get off, quite a few below 16" the second trip there was 11 of us and it was an overnight trip more of a camping with the option of fishing, weather was really bad, cold and raining on day one and windy and cold on day 2
  • Options
    ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    I hate to reply to my own topic but went down to Blue river again today and took my dad. I know it's Mother's Day but my mom doesn't fish. Caught a couple of smallies on a yellow/white Clouser with a 5wt flyrod. Dad didn't have any luck. The weather was perfect. Real good day. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]