In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My recent nice catches

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
Here are a couple of my nice recent catches.

bigfish.jpg

Believe it or not, this was taken with a 2.0 megapixal camera phone. [:0]

fish.jpg

Comments

• ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Where were ya fishing? Bait? Nice bass![:p][:p][:p][:p]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First one was caught tonight in a local park with several large deep ponds. Fishing the last week or so has been fantastic! In a few weeks, it will go to the pits and only small stuff will be caught. I use mostly jerk baits there, mostly watermelon colored ZOOM's. That fish is about 17-18 inchs, longer then finger tips to elbow. Picture just sucks. I have caught several fish over the 14 inch limit in the last week. In recent years I have had some problems doing that.

The second picture is on Wildcat creek, which is a tributary of the Wabash. I was using a red mepps or rooster tail. This was caught sometime last week. I went there on friday too, but couldn't find any fish with size.
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    I know someone who fishes Wildcat Creek. He went to Purdue. Said the fishing was good but too far for me when I've got a couple of good smallmouth streams down here.