In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Picture attempt

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
I am still trying to learn how to post pictures....Here is a 26" Northern I caught the other night. Not a big one, but on an ultralite with 4lb test, he was a fun time. Just enough time for a quick picture and back in the water he went...

000_0032.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    did you get away with your fingers? i wouldn't be poking up through their gills like that.[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been catching Pike for most of my life. There is an art to holding them. Never had a problem with the big ones. It is the little ones like this that do all snapping....
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Looks to me like you have the photo postin thing down pat.
    I usually hold those nasty little varmints by getting a good tight grip on em just back of the gills, it seems to chill em out a little bit........
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    just a thought...

on BIG northerns..do NOT hold them like that. it actually breaks their back from having there body weight bearing down on them like that (im talking 15lb+ fish). ive been to saskatechawan every year for the past 10-12years and have caught countless "mounters" way back in my "stupid" days, we would hold a 45" like that...hmmm for some reason he/she either wouldnt swim away, or would be floating a day or two later.

seriously...[:)]

give that little guy another couple years and he'll be as good as food [:p][:p]
  • Options
    tatercatstatercats Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i pinch um on the eyes
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tatercats
    i pinch um on the eyes

and your parents fed you lead based paint chips
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only if you want to kill them Tater....
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have got a place in Blaine Lake Canada in the lakes area, was there for waterfowl season late, however I really want to try for Northern Pike, if anybody wants to go up their contact me I get a small donation to pay taxes and utilities my $100 per week rate is what the motels charge per night.
  • Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    I'd just like to be where he is so I could wear a jacket. It's 100 degrees here.