In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Reelfoot trip.....

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited October 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
Fishing sucked, beer was good.

Water was down 18" stumps all over the place, you could only idle around for fear of getting hung up. Which we did on a few occasions. Caught a few huge Bowfin (dogfish), a few cats, yellow bass, and a couple crappie.

All in all the worst fishing experience of my life. Too bad thing I spent good money and drove 7 hours to do it!

Good friends, good beer, good times, but not a lot of fish.

We had beautiful weather on the first day.

Took a turn after that....

Day one....
Reelfoot002.jpg
Reelfoot028.jpg
Reelfoot029.jpg
Reelfoot032.jpg
Reelfoot033.jpg
Reelfoot034.jpg
Reelfoot035.jpg
Reelfoot037.jpg
Reelfoot014.jpg
Reelfoot019.jpg
The rest of the time, was just like this....
Reelfoot047.jpg
Reelfoot048.jpg
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    SahaganBetaSahaganBeta Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always say if the fishing isn't so good, then go eat some good Catfish! And the Blue Bank is where I generally end up. First place I recall serving baked apples with the fries, hushpuppies, cole slaw and Catfish filets. But, they go down pretty good at that.

Sahagan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Blue Bank is where we were. We wanted to try our luck heading up to the lilly pads on the other end, but the water was WAY too low.
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess now you know why they make Realfoot boats. I should have warned you but I figured you knew about how shallow it was. I lived about 45 min. from there for about 10 years. We fished there in the spring only. Usually just for bluegill. We always took jon boats w/ jet drives on the outboard and even they would get hung up on all of the stumps. At least you got to get away with friends and cold beer. That was worth it in itself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forkliftking
    Guess now you know why they make Realfoot boats. I should have warned you but I figured you knew about how shallow it was. I lived about 45 min. from there for about 10 years. We fished there in the spring only. Usually just for bluegill. We always took jon boats w/ jet drives on the outboard and even they would get hung up on all of the stumps. At least you got to get away with friends and cold beer. That was worth it in itself.

Yeah, I guess.

We knew it was shallow, but the water was down 18" as well. Stumps galore.

It was the lowest the lake has been in 23 years. So most of those stumps haven't been out of the water in 20+ years.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,599 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a great place....usually the locals tell you, "you should have been here last week" [:D]