In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fishing rod storage question

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited December 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
I have some pretty decent rods and reels (ugly stick and BPS rods, Shimonno reels and other good ones).

I have been storeing them in my closet. I was thinking of moveing them under my mobile home as I have a large storage area under it.

They will be out of the weather and such but there would be a big temprature fluxuation.

Will this damage my rods and reels in any way?

Comments

• Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it could seriously effect your reels i would think, if there is humidity down there. they could rust up. also i would think the line would age a lot faster than it normally would.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So long as you clean and repack (grease) your reels and change line yearly you shouldn't have a problem. It's direct sunlight that does the most damage, to both rod materials and line.
  • Options
    OldNavyGuyOldNavyGuy Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greetings "* r Done",

I had a similar problem of where to put them and have them not be in the way. So, I came up with the idea of mounting them on the ceiling.

I got some of those fancy gold color hooks from Ace hardware, measured out the spacing, and screwed them in. Now I have six rod and reels on each side of my ceiling fan. The 12 rods make for a "cool" decoration and conversation pieces in my den (aka sanctuary)

Just an idea, it works for me.

Machinist Mate 1st Class, Unites States Navy (Retired)
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    +1 on the ceiling mounting but mine are in the garage.