In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

howdy yall!!!

westvirginiahunterwestvirginiahunter Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited March 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
What kind of fish can you fish for in the winter in west virginia?

Comments

• Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rainbow Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Brown trout are what I'm after right now in the streams. But you can catch Perch, Walleye and maybe a Pike in the lakes if the ice is thick enough to fish off of. Not me though I'll stick to the trout in the streams.
  • Options
    westvirginiahunterwestvirginiahunter Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    Rainbow Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Brown trout are what I'm after right now in the streams. But you can catch Perch, Walleye and maybe a Pike in the lakes if the ice is thick enough to fish off of. Not me though I'll stick to the trout in the streams.
    hey what kind can you fish in creeks down here in goldtown near poca county?
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never heard of that place, but you should check with the DNR and they will let you know which streams they are stocking with trout, I fish in western Maryland and northern West Virginia, right now the best places to catch nice trout is the North Branch of the Potomac River at Barnum, but be prepared it is still very cold. Good luck fishing.