In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lakeshore values for your state??

mnmoosemnmoose Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
I have been looking for some lakeshore property here in Minnesota. Thinking that with all of the foreclosures there might be some bargins around. Well foreclosed lakeshore property is rare to find here (haven't found any!)and the value of lakeshore for about a 1/2 acre to 1 acre lot with 100 foot of shoreline will cost about $200,000.00 or $2000.00 per lineal foot of shoreline for almost any lakeshore property (as long as there is a shoreline) to up to $7000.00 per foot for the sand beach, real clear water and the excellent fishing lakes, and within 30 min of a fair sized town, thats just for the lot!
What are you seeing for lakeshore prices out there in other states? Maybe I should look for lakeshore in the Ozarks or in Flordia some place south for the winter time and just rent a cabin in Minnesota during the summer on the weekends.
Still Looking yet!

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The lake I grew up around was about $1250 per foot. So depending the lake, its probably not out of line. The one thing you can do to help save yourself a little cash on the shore line, is to buy a home thats already built. A lot of times, if there is a sea wall your cost of the wall is included in this price.
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a 1 acre lot on the Holston river about 25 miles out of Knoxville, Tn for $50k. I have almost finished my house there and I am most pleased. It is better than a lake for me. The water is clear and flowing. The river bottom is rock and gravel so it is good for wading or swiming. The fishing is good for small mouth and red eyes. I see all kinds of wild life, including the bald eagle and deer. There is still some undeveloped water front land in east Tennessee, but it is going.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Acreage on the local river (Santa Fe river here in N Florida) depends on what side of the river (different counties) but the "cheap" stuff is about 10k/acre, min of 5 acres (zoning rules). If you really are thinking of moving down here to Fl. and need a local real estate person, let me know.