In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some scarey stuff out there!

bayl778bayl778 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
Justy got back from Fort Myers Beach and did some kayac fishing in Estero Bay. The fish were not plentiful for me but one afternoon my wife came along, we both have 9' LL Bean Kayacs. I was moving slowly in to the shallow grass beds when it felt like I coasted up on a rock, I could feel the scrape just in front of my butt on the bottom of the yac. A nonosecond later I was violently lifted out of the water and in a white water cascade of water over my head and all around me. The trashing went on for a couple seconds and I saw a wake leaving the scene. Holy Crap what was that!
My wife was only 30ft away and saw the entire thing. She said the water splash was so big she could not see me because the Kayac came out of the water and water was coming up from both sides about 3 feet to each side and over my head.
She thought I was thrown out of the yac.
I had a few gallons of water in the kayac and every thing was calm.
I guess it was a mature Sting Ray, probably more scared than I was, but definitely bigger and stronger.
What a kick!
It made up for slow fishing.