In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fin-Nor reel, $200 junk!

bayl778bayl778 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
Have had a Fin- Nor Ahab spinning reel that I used very little.
First the bail would not close automatically, no big deal just close it with a finger. Then the anti reverse would not work so the reel back spun at will. Unusable so I sent it to Fin-Nor for repairs.
Got it back today with a nice note thanking me for being a "loyal Fin-Nor customer" blah, blah,.... Unfortunately We no longer have the parts for your reel".... we look forward to your future business....!
I have reels that cost 1/4 of that from Cabellas, Bass Pro and Walmart that have no problems.
Fin-Nor? No way!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad and I were talking the other day about reels crapping out on you. I have five spinning reels that cost me less than $35 each still going strong after 8-10 years and MANY fish. ALL the ones I've had over $100 I've had to replace at least once. Don't make sense to me at all!
    Go with the cheap Penn reels. I've only been able to break one, and that was only after over 100 dolphin were bailed with it! Same thing....anti-reverse went. Still use the reel as a back-up, and gave the rod to a friend who uses it religiously.
  • Options
    crowbeanercrowbeaner Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still using Mitchell 300s and 300As that I had as a kid back when Moses parted the Red Sea. One of my kids friends dad said that Mitchell 300s outlive their owners. Time will tell, but the catfish will never know if it was a 300 that contributed to their demise or a Shimano.