In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bass Angler Question

gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
Does anyone know what steps need to be taken to join the ranks of the Pro Bass tournament fishermen? My son is interested and I would like to see what I can do for him...

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have your son ask the question here.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl

Several pros on that board.
  • gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks much...
  • Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it depends on his skill level and how much money he has got in his wallet. I suggest joining a local bass club and fishing with as many diffrent people as possible to start with. I learn somthing each and every time I go fishing. Try to get involve with a local boat dealer that is big into Bass boat sales, They usually have a pro staff that help at the sport shows and diffrent events. It was amazing how much money I saved by doing this as far as boat prices,repairs and other equiptment. This is a great way to meet people with the same interest and help open the doors. It is not all about the fishing it is gaining sponsorships and self promotion. The top pros are great at both aspects of the operation.
    Good Luck!