In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glad To See This Forum Doing Well :) !!! PICS

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited August 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
...Glad to see this forum being used...the old paintball forum was DEAD.

...For those that don't know...I mounted a Hostile Takeover of the Paintball forum that was here a couple or so years ago. I do NOT claim any credit for the forum however, it was a BIG TEAM EFFORT!...only my idea that would not have worked w/o everyone who helped.

...Many of us posted ANY and ALL ANYTHING pertaining to fishing for about 48 hours to knock the paintball topics out.

...Bass fishing is my big thing but, heart/health problem the past year or so have kept my fishing to a terrible minumum...ask Clay, Tazzer [:0][:D]

...Be headed to the ranch to catch a few here soon, I'll do some pics. Florida strain that have been caught to almost 15lbs, now...previous was 12+ about 7-10 years ago.

...We keeep all 3lbs. and under...and all the blue/channel cat (BIG)
brim/perch/red-ear (whatever called in your local) average a full pound. Crappie...are now 2lb and bigger.

...Private 30 acre ranch lake that is maintained for big healthy fish like a good deer lease is managed that was stocked with said fish...25+ years ago, and the Florida's were not fingerlings...4-6 inchers...and spensive even back then[:D][:0]

...May have to start popping back in...I have almost 40 years of bass fishing experience...a few years of tournement fishing and a gazzillion hours (and dollars [:D]) just chasing Mr Bucketmouth...so if I can answer a question, Ill try. Mostly found on the GD forum, now.

...A few topwaters I made...all handmade from balsa, THE best for topwaters...and all have glass rattlers I put in, baits w/rattles simply produce more fish.
mylures004.jpg
baits028.jpg
baits020.jpg
jws42006031.jpg
jws42006037.jpg
jws42006003.jpg

...Topwaters and plastic baits are my favorites HANDS DOWN...plastic baits WITH glass rattlers.

...The lake, it curces back at the far end to the left...and averages 10-20' in the creek that runs the full length down the middle, awesome structure...to see and bass fish this lake can just about give a serious bass fisherman a woody.
jws42006007.jpg
jws42006006.jpg
jws42006058.jpg
jws42006017.jpg

...one of the crappie...that have grown for 2 years longer now...and about an hour of catching some food fish and thinning out the 3lbs and under.
ranch025.jpg
ranch027.jpg
jws42006029.jpg

...Some of the 300 (give/take w/spring calves) "wild Brangus/Angus?Brama inhabitants"...[:D]
ranch005.jpg

...just a cool pic..
ranch006.jpg

...they are lazy, and in the way, always.[:D]
ranch029.jpg

...and a screwed up pic showing a 9+ I think, lots of fish around 10lb caught.
asstoldpics010.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif

Comments

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonderful pictures, plugs, fish, land and all! Thanks.
    What's next?
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Colt-Your first posted lure looks like a "Bobby Bait" that I use to use on big Muskie up north in Wisc. Don't make them anymore but they were great old lures. Buy the way nice bunch of Crappie. Great pictures.
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Great pics. Thanks COLT!
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt everytime I see the pics of those crappie it makes my mouth water. First weekend of September I am headed down to my buddies place on Waxahachie I have talked about before and I am going after crappie. I want to have a whole mess of em to release to the grease.