In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

frog leg recipe

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
edited August 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
8 to 16 frog legs skined and soaked for 12-24 hours in salt water.
remove from water for fifteen minute and let dry..
3/4 cup self rising flour
1/4 cup corn meal
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 Ts. freshly ground pepper corns
1/3 Ts. peprika
1/4 Ts. fine parsley flakes,stir unil infused
ad two egg and 1/2 cup whole milk, stir until most lumps are gone

put on medium pan, on a medium high. half full of oil,
when oil has heated to medium high. place 6-8 well battered frog legs in pan count to 120 and turn down heat to medium... turn once oe twice until batter is golden brown..
follow same instuctions for second and third batches once done place the legs on a paper towel so the serving plate doesnt get greasy.. remove the paper towel after 5 minutes.. of the last batch.. and serve..

Comments

• Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good. Those ole frogs are hard to come by in a lot of places.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got three good batches of 8 legs apiece fixed today with fresh grilled unshucked corn and old fashioned pinto beans with ham and potato salad and good corn bread today. All my workers had thirds! that makes me happy! They work very hard for thier pay, and I share there daily hardships with them, working in the same heat, sweat, and blood they do. They will be well fed while they work for us! And the bounty is our own!
  • Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where do you live where you get the frogs?
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Don't let'em jump out of the pan![:D]

We used to have a boat load of bull frogs around here.Mom used to fry'em up all the time.Hardly see any anymore.[V]

If'n ya got the pit goin',you can wrap'em in foil(seasoned to your taste and buttered),put'em off in a cooler corner while the "main course" is cookin' and have some Jim Dandy appetizers.[;)]

BW
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We catch them at the golf course. Big ones too. [:p]
    Better have plenty of deep woods off though.[B)]
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do alot of hunting around Peoria, Ill. Big pond with BIG frogs. We get in the water and shine them and hand catch them. Pretty easy even after many beers. Lot of work cleaning for what you end up with however. Lots of fun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horney toad
    Where do you live where you get the frogs?

In central KY. It has been a dry year and most frogs have came to the local farm ponds and lakes from the creeks because they are mostly dry. But Frog gigging is almost always good here no matter what the precip. is like. You can hit a farm pond or three or one of our smaller rural lakes and gig until your hearts content, or until you run out of flashlight batteries or darkness.