In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much is this boat worth?

mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
I have a 14 foot alum. jon boat. It is an 85 model starcraft with a 86 model 15 hp johnson motor. Tiller handle, pull start, 3/4" treated plywood carpeted floors, storage compartment in front, two swivel seats, 28 lb. thrust minkota foot controlled trolling motor, break-away trailer, & spare tire. Every thing works great except the trolling motor( the intermittent switch doesn't work, but all five speeds work fine, it's on or off though). The motor has a brand new power pack and spark plug. The boat is made out of heavy duty alum. and is pretty heavy, not like a regular old cheap jon boat. The boat does not leak a drop. The motor runs like a top. Just need to sale to have some money. How much do you think it's worth? I've been asking $2250.00 but I really want around 1900-2000. What do ya'll think, too much, too little, just right?

Thanks
Mike

Comments

• Options
    kooterbillkooterbill Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The price of this boat will vary from state to state. Where I'm from, it is considered a river boat as would be true with most states---not acceptable to put on a lake. The value therefore decreses or increases depending on the number of "river" fishermen where you are selling the boat
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No one else cares to comment?

Mike
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I wouldn't pay more then $1000 for it.
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too much, considering whoever buy's it will more than likely want to replace both motors. On and off working condition just don't cut it, when your on the water you want to know you're equipment is gonna get you back to your truck without breaking out the dreaded ours. Rowing just takes too much time.
  • Options
    Mr GeeMr Gee Member Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like kooterbill mention state to state diff""" what you may consider is selling everything seperately you'd get more for it in parts though it mit take longer to sell it all .. as is i don't think u'd get much more then 8-900bux with gas prices they way they are ? no one seems to be buying boats
    just my thoughts[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:On and off working condition just don't cut it, when your on the water you want to know you're equipment is gonna get you back to your truck without breaking out the dreaded ours.

Who said anything about on and off again. Both motors run like brand new. Why would you want to change a motor that is perfectly fine?

Thanks
    Mike
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to E-bay and see what their getting for similar rigs. My guess $1,200. Sounds low but if you want to sell it you have to drop the price. Just like selling a house in todays market. Good luck
  • Options
    huntergarrethuntergarret Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the motor runs like you say it does you should be able to get close to $2,000. Go buy some cheap spray paint, black, green and brown. Paint the boat brown, then using a branch off of a pine tree, make yourself a pattern with the green, then black. Don't be afraid to do the motor too. I bet it will sell within a week.

Sal
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you ever sell your rig? If so how much?
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    You never mentioned how wide it is.

Makes a BIG difference.[;)]

BW