In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tell me about Pflueger

rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
I think that is how it is spelled. Looking at on on the Bass Pro website but, I don't know anything about them. Are they good, reliable,cast smooth,well balanced?

Comments

• Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several pfluegers in the stable. Some more than 50 years old!
    The newer ones (from Bass Pro) I'd put on par with Penn/Mitchell. Good quality for a low price point. I've got baitcasters as well as spinning reels, and I've only been able to mess up one of them. Some sand got in and buggered the works, but BP replaced it for free.
    Only thing I dont like about the new ones (and it's not just pflueger) is the lack of an anti-reverse switch. Don't know why they took those off....
  • Options
    rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks hissinggoose. I had never even heard of that name til the other day. Guess i'll try one out.[8D]
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to E-Bay and buy an older one. Great old reels.
  • Options
    tacomasr5tacomasr5 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one of the newer Supreme bait casters, and I love it. Bass Pro has a model that is supposed to be the same,but a little cheaper
  • Options
    ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    That's all I use for spinning reels. Went through quite a few before discovering Flueger. They've held up well and are smooth. Haven't tried any of their baitcasters yet.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have a really old Pflueger baitcaster. The old metal ones that were a pain to cast with. I use it quite a lot for perch or walleye when drift fishing. Must be 70 years old, still works fine. I can't comment on their newer reels.

I have a few of their poles as well. Never had an issue.