In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Classic

dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
I fished yesterday evening about 40 miles south of where the Bass Masters Classic will be held this weekend. In a little over four hours we caught 8 bass that averaged a little over 3 lbs. each. Now there is a cold front about to move in and they will probably be fishing a high pressure this weekend. A 20lb stringer will really impress me if someone can do it.

Comments

• Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are the best of the best and someone always sacks them up real good. I would give anything to be in the back seat in that tournament. I have fished lots of tournaments but never at that level and if the fishing gods are smiling things look pretty easy.
    It is amazing how the classic has changed through the years.
    Do you remember when?
    They were only allowed a limited amount of tackle.
    They were put on a airplane to fly to the secret lake.
    They used CB radios to report their catch.
    The max horsepower on a Bassmaster tournament boat could not be over 150 horsepower.
    How about those 1 pc suits that were covered with patches.
    Most of the rods had pistol grips.
    A powerful trolling motor might of had 50 lbs of thrust if you had the switch on 24 volts. (Raw Power)
    Paul Elias invented kneel and real.
    The year they used those rubber gloves that attached to their belt (when not in use) to land fish.I think they were called utter hand
    I don't remember if this was in a classic but a guy flooded his boat to get under a bridge to fish an area.I think his name was Randy Blacket.
    You could buy a classic boat after the tournament fully loaded for under 15 thousand probably less. I had a neigbor when I first moved to the lake. It was a 76 model and it just sat on a lift. I wanted it real bad but I never saw anyone around to talk to them about it. One day it was gone never to be seen again.

Catch Hogs
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It didnt get as cold as expected and looking at three warm days.
  • Options
    bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dbain99 is it easy to put a boat in down there past Alex.? When I left Louisiana,it was dang near tough to even put a 14' aluminum in the Red. Ran a few lines when the water was low, even then the current was tough.
  • Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watch the classic on TV it is amazing as big as that event is no live coverage. I thought that the coverage was good but I would of like to see them fish more than hear the guys talk. A follow up show would be great showing more of the fishing details. I was really suprised to see KVD not make the cut he is a fishing machine. Of course everyone in the field is also. Wonder if Skeet will credit his win to his new hair style? I really like the looks of the Red it reminds me of the Mississippi river I really enjoy fishing shallow back water places like that. The fishing on the Mississippi was good and the fish fight great lots of places like that. The girl that fished sure got lots of press for her sponsors.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigbill0910
    dbain99 is it easy to put a boat in down there past Alex.? When I left Louisiana,it was dang near tough to even put a 14' aluminum in the Red. Ran a few lines when the water was low, even then the current was tough.

Not sure where you put in at but I live south of Alex. and drive to Colfax rec. area. There is a nice large concrete launch and a camping area. I drive that far so I do not have to lock through to get to the area that I fish.

3 more yesterday evening!
    bass.jpg
  • Options
    bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Sir, that is some nice green trout! I was up in Shreveport but that to is history, over 20 years ago.