In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's in your tackle box? Pic Heavy

westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
Finally found a tackle bag to haul everything for trout, bass, walleye, and musky around in. I'm glad it can be hauled around like a backpack cause the dang thing weighs 24 pounds loaded.

100_0294.jpg

100_0295.jpg

100_02981.jpg

100_02991.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_03044.jpg

100_0305.jpg

100_03072.jpg

100_03092.jpg

100_0310.jpg

100_03111.jpg

100_03122.jpg

100_0313.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice bunch of baits. I didn't see any Frog Colored Mojamers.[:D]
  • Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks to me someone is ready to go fishing. It is a great idea to take pictures of your tackle and rods reels. My boat got ripped off a couple of years ago and it was really helpful with the ins co to have pictures.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Liv2Fish
    Looks to me someone is ready to go fishing. It is a great idea to take pictures of your tackle and rods reels. My boat got ripped off a couple of years ago and it was really helpful with the ins co to have pictures.

Or when you're floating the river and the boat capsizes and you lose half the stuff, at least you can look back at what you had and try to replace them, been there done that.
  • Options
    53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    How do you keep all that so clean?
    Man that's organized. Grade A
  • Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 53hawkeye
    How do you keep all that so clean?
    Man that's organized. Grade A

That is all just about all new stuff I bet you. Before I moved to the lake that was one of my winter time projects going through all of my boxes and organizing. Now somehow I get sidetracked and end up going fishing instead. Make sure after a fishing trip to open your bag and set the boxes out open to let the moisture out. It is a bummer to have to replace all of the hooks if they rust.

Hawkeye about all you need is 10 inch worms and Red Rattle Traps in your area. That use to be the ticket at Lake Fork years ago.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The only things new is the bag, plastic cases, six jars of power bait, five rooster tails, some sinkers swivels and hooks. Whichever lures I use throughout the day go into another empty plastic case not just thrown in among my other lures which are dry. The case that I put my lures I'm using in stays open to air dry while I'm fishing, if it's raining I cover the tackle box so no water gets in to the lures, this tackle bag has a rain cover built into the side pocket to pull out when it's raining. Once I get home from fishing I get the one tote with the used lures and open it up to make sure the moisture airs out and start placing the lures back into their original totes, for the rooster tails sometimes a hair dryer over them to keep the "tails" nice, sometimes I'll take a paper towel to the other lures and make sure their dry and clean. I buy a couple new lures each year and the money you pay for them adds up so I just like to keep them as nice as possible, alot of the kastmasters, super dupers, and rapalas are over 6 years old and haven't been lost to a fish or the bottom of the lake or river. Here's where I learned my lesson this happened seven years ago, I keep it as a reminder to dry out the totes/lures every time I go fishing, it'll never happen again.

100_0315.jpg

100_03141.jpg
  • Options
    fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    poppers, rebel medium sized crawdads, rogues, husky jerky in blue and orange, and some worms when all else fails, even though worms should be choice number one. Also mann's baby-1. Some buzz bait even though I dislike it. And what ever I find stuck in a tree.
  • Options
    Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put some of those little silicon packs like you find in beef jerky packages and shoe boxes in your tackle box, it will keep the hooks from rusting.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    A few lures:

FishingTackle005.jpg

All five of these are full:

FishingTackle003.jpg

A couple of my rod and reels:

FishingTackle002.jpg

FishingTackle001.jpg
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I have one bag with 4 boxes that I use for everything from crappie to catfish. I have another 4 box bag that I share with my walleye fishing buddy. We each have one tray apiece and then the other two are "shared" items.