In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Georgian Bay Ontario

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
Any of you fellows ever fish it?

I have read about some amazing Muskelunge "Muskie" fishing there and would like to hear some first hand info, before I seriously look at booking a trip for next year

Comments

• Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fished it years ago but did not have sucess. I do have a good spot outside of Vermilion Bay that is very good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    where is that,"Vermillion bay"?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    About halfway between Dryden and Kenora. The lake is called Canyon Lake.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Liv2Fish
    About halfway between Dryden and Kenora. The lake is called Canyon Lake.

Any particular lodge you would suggest to look at? All the ones I looked at seemed reasonable.

Are there lake trout in all the lakes in that area?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have always stayed at Blyths Canyon Lake Lodge. Bruce and Joan are fine people. It is a fishing camp not a luxury resort and the prices reflect that.If you plan to go to town to hang out don't go there. But if you are looking for and willing to fish hard to catch Muskys go there. Walleye fishing is good too. We caught several this year in the 25" plus range. If you contact them please tell them that I refered you to them. If you would like to talk one one one PM me your telephone number and I will give you a call. I have had many great times there.

Ed