In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The String Trick

Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
Yesterday while fishing I caught a 5 lb Bass on a Zara *. I have a net laying on the deck of the boat but I did not use it.Dumb on my part!!! I lipped the fish and of course it shook and set one of the trebles all the way pass the curve of the hook in my right little finger. Getting the fish off was a job and them I had the hook still in. Lucky me ther was someone on their boat dock that I had just talked to. I was bleeding like a stuck pig and I asked the people on the dock if they would help me. I showed them my hand and the lady stepped back and the man looked at me and said oh my god you need to go to the hospital. I told him that if he helped me we could get it right out with a piece of heavy string. The first tug he pulled not hard enough and not at the correct angle and I screamed like a 5 year old girl. But then I told him to give it a yank in the right direction it popped right out. After a little antiseptic and a bandaid I was good to go. Smarts a little today but I think I will live another day. The man and his wife were both suprised that the hook came out like it did. If you do not know how to do it look it up and learn it. Someone that is computer savvy please post it on here as it does work. I have used it several times on people and they never believe how well it works. You have to follow the directions and give it a sharp tug. The sharp tug is the hardest thing to get someone to do. I have preformed this on myself holding the string in my teeth and pushing my hands outward (not recommended) Most of the time you only get a little drop or to of blood and it doesnt really hurt. The smart thing is to use the net hovever it can still happen real easy.

Good fishin
Catch Hogs

Comments