In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trego Lake WI

jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
Just got back from fishing Trego Lake in NW Wisconsin. It is a very though lake to fish! The only luck I had was by the dam. Caught Walleyes, Northerns, and panfish there. But most other folks I saw came up empty handed!

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another hour north of that is where I grew up. I could give you lots of great places to try there...
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually go to St. Germain and fishing is a lot better there. Where are you from? Superior? Even the worker from the dam At Trego Lake said the fishing was tough and he lives right on the lake next to the dam. Actually, it is the Namekagon River dammed off into a lake. The dam is hydro and it supplies electricity to Trego, Springbrook, and part of Spooner.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    i love to go up to my uncles cottage up in eagle river. great fishing and TONS of lakes[:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jhimco
    Actually just east of Superior. Iron River to be exact. We are going there over next weekend. Might do some fishing, but also have to start working on the hunting property and go to a wedding.
  • hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello
    Im from that area long lake about 12 miles south of there,lots of fine lakes in area.trego lake not being one of them.i now have a trailer by bean brook just east of there.good brown trout fishing.I muskie fish in area,shell lake,patterson,and deep lake small lakes not fished very much.
    dabowman18 I will be in eagle river laborday weekend.gun show there at ice arena.tks.hedge
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hedgehopper62
    Hello
    dabowman18 I will be in eagle river laborday weekend.gun show there at ice arena.tks.hedge
    i wwent to the laSTone.....lots of stuff....nothin for me tho[:(!]
  • hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DaBowMan18
    Not much archery items at show,I see you have sniper rifles on your post i have a FN 49 sniper not into mil. rifles collect some shot guns.tks hedge
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hedgehopper62
    DaBowMan18
    Not much archery items at show,I see you have sniper rifles on your post i have a FN 49 sniper not into mil. rifles collect some shot guns.tks hedge
    im not a rifle person either, but i really like M1's.
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went there again and the fishing was much better. Caught lots of fish. Good size bluegills. Smallies were small. But I caught a decent walleye also.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever do any fishing on the Chippewa River or Lake Holcombe? Some great fishing in this area. A lot of Northern, Musky, and bass on the river and great Walleye fishing on the lake.

Jon