In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

fish finders

stayathomedadstayathomedad Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
My old one just gave out (eagle 320). I went though Cabela's today and they have a Lowrance x135 for 199.99 on clearence. They say they have discontinued that model. Its retails around $400 normaly.

Any thoughts?? Or should I wait

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lowrance is typically a good unit. We run an older x15 on our boat. It works really well for what we use it for. My friend has the new HDS7, and really likes it too. The only Lowrance that I know of that was not up to par was the x51. It never worked well for us.
  • Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an X15 on the front of my boat as well. I really like it as I can fine tune it to watch a jiggin spoon as it flutters down. The only complaint that I have ever had with Lowrance and this is probably typical with all brands that the technology changes so fast that parts seem to be hard to find in the event of a breakdown. I currently have a X15 that looks brand new but the enter button is bad and there are no parts available. I guess the reason I like the X15 is I understand how to use it more than anything. I would like to have one of those super locators that are on the market today and probably would if I thought it would be that much better. The big thing is you can find the fish but you still have to get them to bite.
  • Options
    Ranger ManRanger Man Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That X135 is a great monochrome unit. And for $199 Id pick it up.
  • Options
    stayathomedadstayathomedad Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, I pick it up. It was the last one in the store. They had three yesterday ,glad I didnt wait.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    We used to commercial fish using the chart paper flasher machines.I still think they are the best. U can circle good spots and write the loran or GPS numbers on the chart paper. OL'SCHOOL baby!!
  • Options
    Ranger ManRanger Man Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The new Lowrance HDS series has the side imaging too. From what I hear it is really nice. My friend has an HDS 7 on his Ranger Fisherman.