In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wall of fame Fall-winter '09-'10

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Lets see where this takes us... I'll be out a lot when the water gets hard again...

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Now that it is 2010 I'll throw in some pictures... We did catch some fish in spite of the cold weather. Temps peaked each day near 0, and the nights where well below. We fished a few different lakes with mixed success. Here is the first fish of the trip... 7 FOW on a shiner minnow under a tipup. 3 waldos for day one.
    walleye.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg

We fished Crystal Lake with some northern and 'gills, and crappie. Kept a few for a fry.
    IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    Day 3 was a slow one. We fished Lake Nebagamon (a first for us). We got only 1 small walleye, and no camera with for a picture.

Day 4 was on Muskellunge Lake. Snow was falling real good, and the northern where biting good. Also got one nice LM.I had two large northern break a hook (size 4 treble) and another pulled a snap strait. I wish some of them would have come up the hole for a picture!
    IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg

Then back to Twin Bear for the last few walleye. Same spot as the first day.
    IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg

I am planning on heading back up in February for a Sunday - Tuesday trip.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Day 1 from Cabo 2010
    Finally have some time to get on line. This is day 4 of 11, and so far one day fishing. The weather here has been great. mid 80's during the day, and 50's at night.
    Here is the view from the room. A little blurred, but slow shutter in the dark, and no tripod.
    006.jpg

We got out Saturday fishing. It was a long boat ride in some choppy water (7-9' waves) but well worth it when we got there. At about 28 miles out we started fishing. Landed 7 Yellowfin Tuna fairly fast, then things slowed down as the sun cam up. We threw baits at a marlin we saw, but no taker. Then we found 2 Dorado (mahi-mahi) and got them both. Not big, but good eating. On the way back we found another school of porous and there where a few more tuna with them. In all we got 10 tuna and 2 dorado. A good start.
    A view on the way out...
    002.jpg
    Just a few of the fish from Saturday...
    003.jpg

We are going again in the morning (Monday). We are short our captain, so his son (usually the mate) will be filling in. My father-in-law and I will be acting as mates, and some of his family will be catching the fish. It should give us an opportunity to do a little more than the average charter trip. I imagine we will be driving the boat, setting lines, gaffing fish, or whatever else we are told to do. I'll throw up some more pictures when I get a chance.