In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lew Childres

bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Did any of yall use the Lew's Speed Spools and Speed Sticks?
I loved the 56X graphite rod and the BB1L reels.

Comments

• Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had several of them until some #!?%# stole them out of my boat. I lost 12 Rods and 9 Plano boxes full of baits in one shot. To this day I still find things missing when I go to look for them. I now have a sign in my rod box IF I Catch You I will SHOOT You and I mean it!!!!! Probably 6 grand or more stolen, sold for nothing and it all went up in smoke in one night. I think I know who did it but will never be able to prove it. May they never catch a fish!!!!!!!!
  • stonewall56stonewall56 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Lew's Speed Spool BB-25SW on a Lamiglas 8' 6", 6-10lb. Summer Run rod. It's the main set up I use for drift fishing in the rivers around here. Best fish I caught with this rig was a 25 pound King on 12 lb. test Izorline.
  • LAMELVINLAMELVIN Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE MANY-MANY LEW CHILDRE REELS AS WELL ASTHE RARE RYOBI CASTING REELS. ALSO HAVE A BUNCH OF LEWS RODS ALL SIZES AND HANDLE TYPES.
    HAVE BEEN COLLECTING THEM FOR OVER 30 YEARS, AND IT IS NOW TIME TO SHARE WITH OTHERS. YOU CAN CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED. I WILL BE VERY FAIR.