In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Caught the first two bass of the year today

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
It has been warm the last couple weeks here in Northern Illinois so I headed out to the range today. On the way out I decided to wet a line and caught two 14" bass.

Felt good....might have to make a few casts tomorrow [8D][:D][:)]

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Brother,
    Sure sign of spring. Good tidings for future events...
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    Time to get some new line and sharpen some hooks. Startin to get the itch. Still waiting for the ice to disappear.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    They'll be hittin like hell at iceout. movin up to make beds.
    Ever keep any for the table William? Their mighty tasty, in that 10-14" range.Any bigger and i have to let'em go, their the spawners.Even smaller ones with big bellies get the go back from me.
    I believe in eating a few of the males but, them egged up females get the get outta jail free from me.[;)]
  • Options
    VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
    edited November -1
    I caught a bucket full of bream, shellcrackers & bluegill yesterday.
    I'm entertaining the thought of trying it very early in the morning
    maybe I'll have pictures.[:D]
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fished in the Holston river here in East Tn for the first time this year and got 2 small mouth. One was a keeper.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    They'll be hittin like hell at iceout. movin up to make beds.
    Ever keep any for the table William? Their mighty tasty, in that 10-14" range.Any bigger and i have to let'em go, their the spawners.Even smaller ones with big bellies get the go back from me.
    I believe in eating a few of the males but, them egged up females get the get outta jail free from me.[;)]

Nope I like to make sure there are always plenty out there to catch.
    I mainly fish for bass, but have spots where Walleye or a mess of crappies can be found when I get a taste for them....
  • Options
    williamg63williamg63 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bamavol
    I fished in the Holston river here in East Tn for the first time this year and got 2 small mouth. One was a keeper.

they are still picky here in NE,TN. must be water temp.