In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Flinching

J_N_BuddyJ_N_Buddy Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
I just have a question, I love shooting, but I have bad habit of flinching when I shoot,I have done a lot of drying firing and do that without any trouble, just flinch when I pull the trigger when I fire the pistol, can anyone tell me what to do to stop my flinching.

Comments

• Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    You do realize this forum is about fishing don't you?[;)]

Seriously you are anticipating the shot. Let it surprise you and you won't flinch before it goes off.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Recommend you loosen your trigger pull
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, practice aiming at the fish then not shooting.[:D] Kind of like dry firing, but not firing.[:o)][:D][:D]

Seriously, you are just anticipating the shot. A couple things help a lot: dry firing practice and having the trigger smoothed out. The latter just 'helps it happen' when you think about doing it. A lot of times you flinch as the trigger gets taken up. Each bump along the way seems like it should have gone off. The smoother the trigger goes the easier. The other part of course is just pullin' and lookin' through. Get used to it.

Now, go fish!~
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reel oil on the trigger mechanism after adjustment.