In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BASS IN THE OUT FEILD?

BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
I have often caught a bass, Large mouth and small, just at the instant my lure hits the water. I still have slack in my line and some times miss the strike. It is like they are playing the out field and catching a fly ball. How can this be? What are the chances that I can hit a bass on the head with a cast?

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny you mention that with bass its true with other game fish like Weakfish (seatrout) and Bluefish...
    Its just the nature of first come 1st served in the natural world. When they are hungry and heard that spash. Its like the dinner bell to a hungry kid. They react!
  • gumbydamnitgumbydamnit Member Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have watch small mouth come out of nowhere while the lure is still in the air and as soon as it hits the water they are on it. Show how well they can see above the water line.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I think some can actually see it coming down,before it even hits the surface.Specially fish that are "built" to be top feeders...It is cool,when U throw it right in ones mouth!!