In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Expanding/Deepening the pond!

cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Having a guy come out and deepen the pond from 17' to 25' and widen it from 50' to 80'. And he is paying ME to do it! Can't beat that.

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting. How did you manage that?
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Yes do tell.

I have one that is 0 feet wide and 0 feet deep. Perhaps I can get it enlarged and get paid for it too.[:)]
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Interesting. How did you manage that?

Back when I worked for the bank, I made a loan to a guy who owned some earth moving equipment. 24 yd dump truck, front end loader, backhoe & dozer. He paid $35,000 per lot. I financed 100%. He then dug a nice pond on the backside, used 1/2 the dirt to build the mound for the house to be built on, then sold the other half of the dirt. Sold the lot for $50,000 in ready to build condition. Make a good living doing that.

Well, ran into him last week and asked him about enlarging the pond. Pond is already 300' wide and 50' across. Said he could make 300x80 and dig another 8' deeper. Would pay me 25& of the sale of the dirt removed. I agreed so, he'll be here next weekend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cool beans Coop good deal!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Have him sink some old Cypress or Cedar trees for some Crappie Cover..[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes lots of cedars and hemlocks please.