In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alabama vs. OIL Spill !

Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Has there been any impact on commercial or sport fisheries for the State of Alabama as yet? If this has occured, what are the immediate effects? If this has not occured as yet, are the State officials anticipaing changes occuring this year?

I would appreciate any update as to what is happening down there now and/or what is now projected this year.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A D D E N D U M :

After inquiring about this, I started hearing reports of the oil now up on the beaches of: MS., AL., etc.!!!

Anticipated, this development, but hope that at least, more time would pass. Very sorry for all of the countless people that have been and will be impacted by this Mega Disaster! Very saddened to hear this distressing news! ! !

Unfortunately some comparisons of the "oil plumes" to deadly, menacing, ominous, black, storm clouds is very appropriate for sure.

All that we see now, is just the superficial surface sheen on! This is terrifying, this oil spill business! [8] [V] [:(!]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending how long this goes on the gulf stream could pick up and run this thing up and over to Europe...
  • Options
    williwmwilliwm Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last I heard, all Federal waters off Alabama are closed( 3 miles outward), as are State waters from Fort Morgan and eastward. You can fish in the closed waters, but have to release the catch.

Charter boats, commercial fishers and sports fishing are taking it on the chin. Tar balls are reported up in Mobile bay.