In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old 9.9 Evinrude fuel isue not runing

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
My old 2 stroke evinrude 9.9 outboard stoped runing. Determined its a fuel problem. Cant figure how to take it apart.
Anyone got a link to a 1974 service manual?

Comments

• Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    My old 2 stroke evinrude 9.9 outboard stoped runing. Determined its a fuel problem. Cant figure how to take it apart.

I have several manuals out in the shop on Evinrudes I bought from a marina that was going out of business. If I have one for your motor it is yours. I will go out later on today and check. 0400 right now and I am still trying to wake up.[:D] I got 2 cows to milk and 6 to feed so I better get that first cup of coffee going.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks MMOMEQ-55
    If you find it.
    Woody Page
    505 Raleigh Drive
    Forked River NJ 08731

You will have a eternal fan[:o)]

quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    quote:Originally posted by wpage

I have several manuals out in the shop on Evinrudes I bought from a marina that was going out of business. If I have one for your motor it is yours. I will go out later on today and check. 0400 right now and I am still trying to wake up.[:D] I got 2 cows to milk and 6 to feed so I better get that first cup of coffee going.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I looked and I have about every manual except the one you need. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for checking Brother!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Mr, Page:
    Most all the Jon/rudes of the day has vacuum operated fuel pumps.U'll see the vacuum line going into the back of and fuel lines going in and out of the outer housing of it.Their will be a large knurled strait slotted screw in the center of it. Remove screw and clean off screen,then U'll see the diaphragm that actually pumps the fuel below that.If the rubber is rotted by ethanol it will need replaced.
    I hope this info. is of some help.All the older Erudes used them,even the huge ones,although they mostly all had 2 of them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tip on cleaning the screen. How do I get to it?
    There is barely enogh room to get my fingers to back off the knurled screw...
    Do you know the trick for getting the screen out for cleaning. There is no space to get the screw or housing out to expose the screen...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got it to run only on ether. Turns out the lower cylinder has no compression sooo.
    May be time to look for alternatives.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After playing around and rebuilding the carb it is now running. Guess that ethanol is hard on the old carbs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My friend is rebuilding the water pump and the carb. Fixing up my amateur work. Nice to have competent neighbors.