In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New tackle box

uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
Bought a new tackle box, anyone know if there is a "tackle box" guide I could look up? I have been trying to find one for while and have not been successful. I know what I need for anything outside (like sun screen license and all that nomenclature) of my tackle box, just not to familiar with the jigs, spinners etc that belong in it? I mainly fish LM bass and walleye with some northern pike in Wisconsin. I have a couple of jigs, worms and a spinner. Anyone use small frogs or have any other advise? My father is a carp fisherman and loves the fight that they put up but that isn't fun for me. I'm a cast kind of fisherman. I am very limited in my knowledge of fishing but I enjoy it so much.

Thanks!
-JD

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are many ways to fill your tackle box...
    http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/fishing-products/

Best to leave room for expansion on the levels and try to keep it orderly & systematic.
    Lures in a section.
    Hooks in a section.

Spare line and accessories like tools and parts on the bottom.

Its like organizing your closet and everyone has a preference.
  • Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find some lures that you have confeidence and stock up. Learn to fish them properly. Most fishing lures are not meant to catch fish but to catch people instead. The more they sell the more money they make. I fish plastic worms 10 inch power worms, shakey head worms ,Zara * and big jigs this time of the year. Try some Zoom speed worms I know the largemouths love them I bet the smallies would too. Good selection of hooks I perfer wide gap worm hooks. If you live up north the pike love a zara * biggest problem is they bite holes in them. More than anything load yourself up with confeidence because that is the best lure in your tacklebox.
    Just try to keep it simple dont confuse yourself been there seen that done that. I know that the people that know me and read this are going Ed practice what you preach. Yes it is true I have way too many baits truth is I fish a few but I have way to many.
    Good Fishing
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to go get it wet...

Fill it slowly with the good stuff.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I have many tackle boxes full of about every artificial there is. I catch most largemouth on purple worms, white rooster tails and Rapala Shad Raps. I can take these three baits and if there are bass in the lake I will catch them on one of these or a combo of the three.

Again I have several tackle boxes full. It is an addiction collecting that next great bait that will catch that once in a life time bass.[:D]