In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Happy B-day to Me!

11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
SO my 61st B-day on the 14th ...Thursday, but at work we have every other Friday off, so I had the 15th off. I had gone fishing about two weeks ago over off the Pismo Beach pier ...only got 3 fish. So as the 15th draws near I was trying to talk myself out of going fishing again ...had a bunch of projects to do around the house, it's a 2 hour drive over there, and I was kind of feeling abit low (B-day blues I guess). But I had already gotten the bait, and I've been setting on my butt on the last few weekends for some time, so I decided to go! ...Nice drive over, got there about 6:30, the bakery is near the pier and they sell the best cinnamon buns around ...pick up one of those and a cup of coffee, parked the car and hot footed it to the end of the pier. In California for some reason, you don't need a fishing license to fish off the pier ...that'll probably change here soon! So quickly set up, took one bite of my roll and a quick swig of coffee, bait up my large pole and cast it out. ...tighten up on the line and go to set the pole down, when I start getting a bite! Hooked a medium size Pacific Mackerel, I toss it back and re-bait, cast out ...tighten up on the line, go to set the pole down again and WHAM, another bite! This time it's a Jack Smelt ...toss it back, and the same thing happens again! Fish are coming too fast now so I switch to my medium size casting pole and put on a mackerel rig (6 hooks dressed up as wet flies about every 7", with a 4 oz lure on the bottom as a weight, I cast that out and start jigging it back WHAM ...3 fish on at one time! Started fishing about 7:00am am didn't stop till about 11:30 am, I was catching them 3 - 4 - 5 at a time! ...Must had landed about 60 fish! Mostly Pacific Mackerel and Jack Smelt, but also caught large Sardines, and a couple of small Sole. I tossed most of it back, but there was an Asian guy there who wanted the Mackerel and I was helping him for a time.
It turned out to be one of the BEST B-days I ever had! ...So much so I didn't mine the cold coffee and stale roll once I got back to them .or the sore shoulder I had for the rest of the weekend! [;)]

Comments