In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Took a newbie fishing.

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in The Fishing Hole!
The guy that works for me, Matt, is 30 years old and has never been fishing. He is from Philadelphia. I took him to my friends farm, bass fishing. Man did we smoke them. He caught his first large mouth bass. He was like a kid at Christmas. I put him in a honey hole and on almost every cast, he had a fish or a bite. I think I got him hooked[;)][:)]

Comments

• Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie, nice job. I wish more people would take new people fishing, we all start somewhere. I took a guy out one-time, and he landed a barn-door halibut, I don't remember exactly but it was around 110 pounds. The look on his face was priceless, and something I won't forget. A combination of shock, awe, disbelief, and one of the biggest grins I have seen to date. Take someone fishing, you are introducing them to a lifetime of responsible outdoors stewardship. Fish on!
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    WTG!!! Well done.[^][^][^][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ain't it great[:D] I get a bigger kick out of doing something like that with a youngster or a newbie rather than actuarally catching myself[8D]
  • Options
    redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took the three little guys across the street last weekend because"Daddy can't catch nuthun". We got into the whiting and summer trout.All I did for about three hours was bait hooks and take off fish.We kept fiftyone fish and left them biting.I know I had more fun than they did.Now I have every kid on the block wanting to go.Might need a bigger boat.Better hooked on fishing than drugs!!!!
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wish I could find a spot like that.