In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Last few days...

317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in The Fishing Hole!
Haven't been out much lately, adult responsibilities are keeping me tied up. Did go out with a buddy one night, we got skunked, although, I snagged a nice rod/reel combo. I imagine someone wasn't watching their rod, or maybe it fell overboard. Anyways, works for me, its not a super pricy rod, but it'll work, 6'6" medium light spinning rod, Shakespeare reel also. Looked like it had been down about a week, was in very good shape and I also salvaged the majority of line on it. I did do a complete teardown and clean and grease, and already caught some catfish with it.

Other night we went out with some friend. My buddy has a paddleboat we have been working on. We found out quick that our work was not complete, we took water on FAST, and ended up limping it to shore.
Still had fun, good times with good friends, its always good. Still working on the boat, almost done.

Caught 2 keep sized bass the other day, about 14" apiece. Tossed them back, still looking for that trophy walleye.

That's about it, hopefully I can get out this weekend. This afternoon I am helping a friend replace some damaged shingles, will be good to have some time on the reel.

That's it, hope you guys are slamming them, and FISH ON!

Comments

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:)] That reminds me of the time that I went to a small lake aboard the Marine base in Albany, GA, for a bit of fishing. I tossed the baited hook and sinker out and it wasn't long before I had a bite...or thought so. What happened was my hook was snagged by a line in the water, and when it was all over, I had a good sized blue cat and someone's inexpensive rod and reel!
    What's next?
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It happens more often than you think. This is the first rod I have snagged, but I have found a lot of gear before while fishing, paddles, nets, coolers, tackle, I even found a second rod, that someone had apparently just forgotten. I don't know why they never went back for it, it was obvious that it had been there for a while. Still have that one as well!

One time I saw a guy lose a nice saltwater set-up, an 80 class line rod and reel combo. He was not paying attention, our boat was drifting, I think it snagged on the bottom. It went right over the side, and it wasn't even his, another friend had loaned it out!
  • Options
    GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once put out a trot-line in Alabama. Next morning I had a large softshell turtle and a dipnet with a 12 volt spotlight tangled in it. My most unusual catch.