In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

viet nam the 10,000 day war on tv

br549br549 Member Posts: 1,024
edited April 2006 in US Military Veteran Forum
i have always wondered why when a documentry on the viet nam war on tv when the tet offensive was over in 68 the next place they pick up is the signing of the peace accord in jan 73. it's just like the war went away after tet untill the signing of the peace in 73. lots of men in all branches of the military were hurt and killed in those 5 years. like the 101st at hambuger hill along with lots of others including the easter offensive starting in the spring of 72.
can someone tell me why that is? thanks stan former corporal
vma 311 mag 12 forward 1st maw 1st marine division

Comments

• Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    It's because the actual events don't fit the script that the media wants to perpetuate. They don't want it known that the NVA was reduced to combat ineffectiveness following their defeats in 72-73, and rebuilt for two years before they could launch another offensive, which at that time was against only the ARVNs, so turned out differently. It generally isn't mentioned that the NVA signed a commitment to leave South Vietnam alone, but they paid no more attention to it than Hitler did to his agreement with Chamberlain.
  • br549br549 Member Posts: 1,024
    edited November -1
    thanks for answering my question Ray B your answer surly sounds truthful i do know mag 12 forward VMA 311 AND VMA 211 along with other americans from may 72 until the cease fire in jan 73 stopped 3 nva divisions dead still.
  • AdironduckAdironduck Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vietnam:The10,000 Day War was very sypathetic to the communists.It was produced by people who wanted to see the U.S lose in Vietnam and around the world.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Originally aired on PBS. Nuff said.

However, the documentary has some stunning footage. I like it for that reason alone.