In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

R&R

IronrifleIronrifle Member Posts: 664
edited January 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Because I extended my tour 6 months, I had 2 R&R`s. The first to Hong Kong, which was ok, but I wouldn`t want to go back. The other was to Singapore, and I`d go back in a heartbeat! Beautiful place and Good scotch was only $4.00 a qt!

Comments

• Options
    Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree that Singapore is the jewel of the far east. Cleanest city of that size I was ever in. Great shopping in HK tho and good food, especially after VN.
    I prefer my memories as it may have changed in the last 40 years.

Smoky just remembering
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I went to Tokyo because my parents had business acquaintances there & I had a secretary, chaperone, and driver to take me to places I wouldn't have found on my own. I really liked Japan and still have the first of many Nikons. When I got overseas one was eligible for R&R after four months & I was getting ready to go to Australia when a retroactive limit of one R&R per tour was imposed, so the next time I left is was DROS.