In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help locate.

Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
edited February 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Anybody from the Sig. 578 c.c. Phu Bai,,, or the 37 C company Camp Eavens.,, Mt. Preline "Dalat",, Hue '68 tet.

Comments

• Options
    acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try looking here.
    AC
    [url][/url]http://www.military.com/
  • Options
    jocko007jocko007 Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our rear area was Phu Bai, but I didn't get there until 1969.
    Was assigned a temporary duty post on a hill above Camp Evans, with an 81mm mortar squad, and was only there a day or two before being assigned to a CAP unit in the Ashau Valley area.
  • Options
    sweetgumsweetgum Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used to work with a guy that was at Phu Bai...name was David Lee. Don't know what outfit he was in. Currently lives in San Antonio.
  • Options
    EdustEdust Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was there in 65 with the 1st Marine airwing,which later was combined with the 3rd Marines.Our tents were close to the air field
  • Options
    vnvetvnvet Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Da-Tank, was in the 362 signal on pr'ling mountain outside dalat from Oct. 67 until about Mar. 68.
  • Options
    kraschenbirnkraschenbirn Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Flew out of Evans...off and on...from February thru July, 68. Was crewchief for 8th Combat Engineers' recon/resupply Huey - on permanent "loan" from HQ Co. 11th Air Assault Group. Also operated out of Phu Bai, Dong Ha, and Monkey Moutain during same period. There was some sort of * Radio Recon outfit (337th RRU?) attached to 11th AAG at Evans right after Tet. I remember them because they flew without a crewchief and their in-flight radio techs didn't associate with our regular crews on their stand-down time...like they were afraid we might compromise their security some way.