In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Wall Was Protected Saturday 3-17 by Veterans

TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
In case you haven't heard war protestors were planning the deface the Vietnam Memorial Wall on 3-17.

The Gathering of Eagles members manned the wall, and made sure nothing happened, plus gave the war protestors hell!

Here's a link from the Washington Post that about says it all:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/17/AR2007031701280.html?nav=rss_print/a

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure where people got the idea that desecrating the memory of the fallen was a legitimate form of protest.

Protest all you like - it's called freedom of speech.

Don't like the war? That's your right as a citizen of a free country.

But you take one step towards that wall with the intent of damaging it and desecrating the memory of the fallen? I hope you burn in Hell and I'll do my best to send you there.[:(!]
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    EMM= I hope you like waiting in line.
  • Options
    AdironduckAdironduck Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wish I knew about this in advance.I would have been there.
  • Options
    VetLoverSupporterVetLoverSupporter Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy I wish I could've been there. I wonder what the fallen Veterans above would think about a situation like that? Tearing down the only thing they have that proves to everyone the honorable duty they performed? God you sons of gripe * protestors make me bleening sick to the point I want to poop down your throats. How dare you disrespect our countries fallen men. bleening scum.
  • Options
    Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent response to an uncalled for publicity stunt for the protestors to get air time on the tube. I am so proud of the vets who stood up and decided to make the difference, again!
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stopped by the wall today- needed to pay my respects to some old friends. You could very readily pick out the tourists, and the folks that had "been there, done that". I do earnestly believe if some idiot wanted to damage the monument, they would not make it 100 meters alive. Without any conscious thought from the folks there.