In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Finally someone said thanks

Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
A few months ago I went to the car wash. I pulled up to the vacuum and a lady pulled up behind me in her veh.

When she got out of her car she said to me "is that you?" At first I didnt know what she meant and said what? She had seen the Vietnam Vet and CIB stickers on the back of my SUV.

She said, are you the Vietnam Vet? I said yes Iam. She then said "thank you for your service". I almost started crying. I cant remember anyone thanking me for serving. That sure made my week.

Comments

• Options
    180A180A Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see that 33 people read this post and none commented.

Glad you had that positive experience, Lefty -- we could all use more of them.
  • Options
    Ba SardoBa Sardo Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lefty,

Thank you for serving. Had we won that war, Vietnam would be a nation-sized Hong Kong and no doubt a staunch ally in the far east.
  • Options
    millerlitemillerlite Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, Lefty and to all the Veterans out there. I have the utmost respect for anyone serving during wartime and I appreciate your service very, very much!

millerlite
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    BS History is showing that the US and the Free World were the winners of the Viernam conflict!!
  • Options
    2 Shot2 Shot Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FROM ONE VET TO ANOTHER THANKS FOR SERVING.
    VIET-NAM 1968-69 1st BN 83 Arty. and 2nd Bn 94 Arty
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    from a civilan to a soldier, thanks Joe, glad i live in a free country today![;)]ROBERT
  • Options
    fragmentsfragments Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks and Welcome Home!!! www.vt-thunder.org
  • Options
    74man74man Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the similiar experience. I was washing my truck in my driveway one Saturday Morning and two young girls came walking by. I guess they noticed my bumper sticker, (if you love your freedom, thank a Veteran). They stopped and asked if I was a Vietman Veteran. I said yes and they each came up and gave me a hug and thanked me for serving. Like you, it did bring a tear to my eye, wish it would have happened when I came home but better late that never. It really took me by surprise. I thank all my brothers and sisters at arms for serving this United States of America.
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i honestly wish i could thank each and every one of you.

i served in the first invasion of fallujah, but trust me, i got the same sh@t as welcome home.
    they can for a reason......................................

s/f brothers.
  • Options
    bobbyboybobbyboy Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANK YOU!

remenber the VET.
  • Options
    br549br549 Member Posts: 1,024
    edited November -1
    i was asked once if i was proud of the women and children i killed.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Every November 11th, my step-daughter calls to thank me for serving. It was woth waiting 30+ years for. God bless all of you out there.

Ba Sardo, I agree with you -- plus millions would not have been killed after we left the region.
  • Options
    .308.308 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all of you men and women who have served and who still serve. I only wish I had more to give than, "Thanks."
  • Options
    Lanark SixgunnerLanark Sixgunner Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My deepest thanks to you Lefty, and to all who served in Vietnam.

Lanark Sixgunner
  • Options
    WyoStillhunterWyoStillhunter Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was researching a pistol I own when I found this site and looked down the list of forums. I registered just to be able to reply to this thread.

At my 40th high school reunion they gathered all vets on stage, gave us American flags with a "thank-you" message written on the stick. Then there was a standing ovation while a patriotic C&W song was played. Believe me, there were lots of tears.

That was my first "thank-you" for serving, 35 years after the fact. I was never jeered, or put down when I returned. I just felt ignored. My firstborn (no 38 years old) was 5 months old before I saw him. I simply got on with life, proud to have served, win or lose.

For many years I have made a practice to walk up to anyone in uniform and thank them for their service. That goes for kids right out of boot camp.

So thanks to all of you, too.

Cpl. R. D. Naumann, HqCo, 7th Marines, RVN, '68-'69.
  • Options
    Jimboak47Jimboak47 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From a three tour Viet Nam vet. To all who served God Bless and Welcome Home Brothers. Jimboak47 Alaska
  • Options
    Scorp.Scorp. Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was not old enough to be in the service during vietnam nor was I born in the USA but having spent most of my life in this wonderfull country and knowing its history, I can somewhat try to understand what you must have gone through in a war such as vietnam, to me YOU and all those who serve are heroes and deserve to be apreciated everyday,wherever you go,because of your service and sacrifice is that I can be in this country and enjoy all that life has to offer. THANK YOU.