In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for assistance on article

AmieAmie Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
Hi,

I'm writing a little article about representations of Vietnam in movies and books. What I'd like is to find a handful of articulate and engaged Vietnam veterans who saw combat to take some DVDs and movies from me in the mail, watch them, and write short reviews of them (or talk to me on the phone about them) for an article in the magazine I work for, Vice, the most recent issue of which is here:

http://www.viceland.com/int/v14n7/htdocs/index.php?country=us

Please write to me if you are interested. Thanks.

Amie

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amie- I am afraid you may be in for a dissapointment. With VERY few exceptions, movies about combat, and Viet Nam in particular, are screenplays written by persons that were never there, and bear very little similarity to reality. And the reality of Viet Nam combat would be based on where you were in RVN (Mekong Delta or Highlands?) when you were there, and what you did. You might check with the Viet Nam Veterans of America. Check their website, and good luck to you.