In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

will it ever end????

TiredTired Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
The pain, The horror, the confounded memories, The rage, The anger, The Fear, The HATRED. I spent 2 years, 4 months and 17 days as a guest of the regulars at the Hanoi Hilton. It has been 34 years since I have returned. Still it effects every day of my life. I stumbled onto this site, and thought I could talk with others who understood. After reading only a few posts, I now know I cannot. The wounds are still too fresh. God Bless you all, and may he forgive us.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sir, I thank you and pray for you.
  • Options
    br549br549 Member Posts: 1,024
    edited November -1
    Tired, i would think only someone who shared the Hell you endured will ever understand Your Pain. i was not a POW but i still live in my own Hell as do lots of Vets. Everyone's pain is different yet the same PLEASE GET HELP AT A VA HOSPITAL There are some that care and will try to help. MAY GOD BLESS
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I find Tired's post very troubling. God bless him. The nightmares stopped for me after almost 30 years. It cost me a marriage, my kids, and nearly my career, but it ended. It took three things: finding My Lord and Savior, meeting and marrying a terrific woman, and it took time. But I am living proof, Tired, that it does end. Get help from the VA, and from God. You're gonna be okay. Life is good.
  • Options
    BuffaloGunBuffaloGun Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tired, I just stumbled on this site tonight myself. While I never saw the horror that you and your Commrades who were held suffered, I lost about 12 years of my life before I learned to deal with what I did see. Please, seek help. I will pray for you, who ever you are, and hope that you learn that you do not need Forgiveness for what you have suffered. God Bless,and I hope that you find the comfort and peace you deserve.
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    15 years of drinking like I was a fish out of water took most of my life and health away. Finally got sober, don't know why. Found I was broke, sick,and alone. Moved every 3-4 mos. never in the same place very long til "they were out to get me" so I moved on.
    20 years after Nam in Arizona I finally got help, almost to late.
    The VA started me on my way, Still going but now at the Nashville VA. DAMN pills help, but I remember the suffering so I take them.
    nuff for now