In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jane Fonda

generalderpanzergeneralderpanzer Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in US Military Veteran Forum
IN MY YEARS I'VE SEEN FRIENDS GO TO NAM COME BACK HOOKED ON DRUGS AND SUISIDLE..WHY DID THE USA GO THERE? IT WAS SO THE BIG BUSINESSES COULD MANUFACTURE ARMS FOR WAR ..THERES BIG MONEY IN WARS NOT PEACE..SHE WAS RIGHT TO TRY TO STOP THE FIGHTING BUT IT WASNT THE RIGHT WAY ..I ASKED MYSELF WHY SHOULD I GO OVER THERE TO KILL THOSE PEOPLE BECAUSE MY GOVERNMENT SAID TO KILL THEM? THEY SOLD US OUT ..AS USUAL

Comments

• Options
    generalderpanzergeneralderpanzer Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good morning gentlemen! One of our members, a Vietnam veteran, has posted this on my site, I thought you may want to read it.

http://www.feldpost.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2492&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I was wondering if this is a common feeling amongst yourselves? It seems that way from the replies he has so far.
  • Options
    Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    Back in the early 70's, when Hanoi Jane was at her finest, I used to say that I hoped she died so I could go and urinate on her grave but after spending two years on active duty I really didn't want to stand on line ever again.
    Now I believe that if you really want to do something, you have to stand in line if it's a popular something to do.
    I would not only stand in line, I would pay a fee and I would travel any distance to do it.

Maybe when she does die those of us that are left can do just that. Kind of like a visit to THE WALL.
  • Options
    br549br549 Member Posts: 1,024
    edited November -1
    I hope the b**** rots in HELL!!!!!!!! but why beat a dead horse?
  • Options
    30 Characters30 Characters Member Posts: 32
    edited November -1
    I think all veterans should give her a urinal-shaped headstone when she dies....It could be paid for by having a beer concession stand at the cemetery gate.....after all, beer piss is yellow too!
  • Options
    awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I am too drained emotionally by the whole thing to hate anybody anymore. I find what feeling I do have involves feeling sorry for her because she believed in what she was doing, just as others throughout history have gone down a very painful path (if not for the individual, for those affected) thinking they were doing the right thing. It's sad to see a country going down the drain because the leaders do what sells well in the press and the press likes visual and emotional issues, so solutions to problems are trampled underfoot. Since there are no winners in any war and since the US lost the least, then one could say the US won, but it's sad that those that believed the liberal line of the time caused so much pain to those that were also doing what they believed and history has shown, was right. I haven't kept track of the obits to mark her death, but then I don't go around celebrating her birthday either, whenever it is.