In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WHERE DID THE WAR STUDENT GO????

VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
edited January 2008 in US Military Veteran Forum
Looks to me like somebody doesn't want me exposing the 'warstudent',,, anybody intested in the information can contact me thru email. it's not who you think it is.

Comments

• gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOOKS AS IF HE IS NOW OVER IN THE GULF WAR SECTION POSTING!!!!!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I did not poof him or his post, but I'll bet it did get poofed. We don't like info phishers here.[;)]
  • VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
    edited November -1
    Nope they are still here, they have moved to the Gulf War forum. Please go read my postquote:Originally posted by dheffley
    I did not poof him or his post, but I'll bet it did get poofed. We don't like info phishers here.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by VinhlongVet71
    Nope they are still here, they have moved to the Gulf War forum. Please go read my post

I don't have moderation rights on any of the forums except this one. I did not move the post either.
    edited November -1
    No problem heffley,,, I'm just trying to expose the truth here. Of course in these days of idenitity theft most people hesitate to divulge personal information. This followerofthesheep has my * chapped. They are trying to pull the old trick,,, 'I displayed pictures',,, bullbababooey,,,,,,I can get any number of teenage shooters on the internet, with just a few clicks. Please read my post in the Gulf War forumquote:Originally posted by dheffley
    quote:Originally posted by VinhlongVet71
    Nope they are still here, they have moved to the Gulf War forum. Please go read my post

I don't have moderation rights on any of the forums except this one. I did not move the post either.
    edited November -1
    So where is followerofthesheep to defend themselves????[:D][:(!]
    edited November -1
    sooooooooo,,,phishers are undesirables, but it's ok that the forum posts are displayed in GOOGLE? I don't understand at all.quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    edited November -1
    Google searches the forum site, the forum site doesn't submit to google. If you have a public site, you can't stop google from searching it.
    edited November -1
    I didn't know that, this is the first forum that I have ever participated in. Again, I apologize for being a newbiequote:Originally posted by dheffley
    Google searches the forum site, the forum site doesn't submit to google. If you have a public site, you can't stop google from searching it.
    edited November -1
    This is really gonna have an effect on my future posts, since I know that I may be heard in other circles... This may be kinda neat. I'm gonna watch and learn for a while. Meanwhile,,, when I think it's necessary, I'll pull my hard drives and replace them. Destroy the old ones. We don't want the wife to know what we are doing,,, she's one of the bleeding hearts.
  • WarStudentWarStudent Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'M NOT A FREAKING PHISHER! What don't you understand. Stop telling people that you sent me e-mails and got back automatic responses... it's simply not true. I responded personally with different messages if the ones u sent were from Pookie100. I'm gonna go eat some pizza now. Have a great night, and stop attacking me.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WarStudent
    I'M NOT A FREAKING PHISHER! What don't you understand. Stop telling people that you sent me e-mails and got back automatic responses... it's simply not true. I responded personally with different messages if the ones u sent were from Pookie100. I'm gonna go eat some pizza now. Have a great night, and stop attacking me.

When you ask for information, you're phishing (attempting to gather information). It may be legitimate phishing, or illigitimate phishing, but either way, it's phishing. It is not usually seen as a good method regardless of why, and most folks don't like it. I don't have a problem asking questions about the war, but you wanted a lot of very personal, and for the most part, private information.

Even asking someone to respond to you via email about the war could be an email address phishing event, or not. What ever, you shouldn't be offended if others don't want to share personal events, nor should you get angry when someone questions why you want/need that information. Just say thank you for your time and let it go.

I'm about a half a second from deleting this post, and probably will.
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    Why can't we all just get along?
    edited November -1
    OK Warstudent, I'm gonna politely back out of this. You may be a war student, and I hope you always remain a student of life and don't find yourself involved in some sort of 'police action'. Your questions in your survey hit my 'trigger'. Anyway, isn't your report a little late by now? There is another question you could attach to your survey if you want to post it somewhere. "Do you think its a good idea to give old drunk war vetrans acess to the internet?"

I will now go start a topic that was the reason for me joining this forum. Goodnight Louise
  • 1trigger1trigger Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw their name in the "Gulf War" section just today. Sick'em Bubba, sick'em.
    edited November -1
    Who do I go bite???????
    zipperzapper?quote:Originally posted by 1trigger
    I saw their name in the "Gulf War" section just today. Sick'em Bubba, sick'em.