In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

REDCATCHERS

IronrifleIronrifle Member Posts: 664
edited March 2008 in US Military Veteran Forum
Any "old Redcatchers" here? I was with A 2/40 Arty from 10/67 til 2/69. Charlie

Comments

• Options
    flathead edflathead ed Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah!! A 4th 12th 199th Dec 67 to Dec 68. From Cambodian Border to Cholon 6 months then had Menengitis and went to Security on North End of Long Bien. From the tallest tower I could see Ben Hoa Airbase.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aha! Another TET VET! Welcome home! I`ve found about 12 guys I was with over there. A few of us have gotten together and are hoping to do so again next year? I`m in Arkansas, moved here from New York State in `73. Charlie
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    opieoneopieone Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Yeah!! A 4th 12th 199th Dec 67 to Dec 68. From Cambodian Border to Cholon 6 months then had Menengitis and went to Security on North End of Long Bien. From the tallest tower I could see Ben Hoa Airbase.
    I want to say thanks to all you brave men, and a very belated Welcome Home.
    My buddy's (we were both born in 1960) older brother was with you guys, and received a bronze star with a V for his brave actions for getting some pinned down and wounded soldiers to safety on May 6, 1968, 6 miles southwest of Saigon.
    His older brother is no longer with us.
    I am currently trying to find info about Dick's service in Vietnam for my buddy. He would like to know more about Dick's life and would like to see his brother's ashes laid to rest in a place of honor.

Again, Thank You All
    opie