In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prescription Co-payment

krazyshotkrazyshot Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
I have always been eligible to recieve my prescriptions free of charge from the VA, made over the guidline amount last year, now I have to pay $8 per 30 day supply. I currently have 13 different meds which amount to over $100 a month I have to pay. I just cannot afford this, does anyone know how to get out of haveing to pay this? I do not have a service connected disability. I'd appreciate some suggestions here. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    meband2000meband2000 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to fill the income gudelines every year to recieve your meds for free. If your income is over the limit I think you are out of luck. Call the VA office that holds your records to find out.
  • Options
    jackdjackd Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it does go by income BUT i started at 8 dollars and some 6 years ago it droped to 0 go figure. maby i'm broke LOL
  • Options
    caspertheghostcaspertheghost Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get a co Pay Waiver form for present bills due or even file for a Hardship Waiver, riding your Co Pay altogether.

See your VA Hospital Billing Office.

If you have no income, yoy can apply for Hardship Waiver.

Stand Co Pay Waiver, only rids present billings due.

Co Pay, in itself is based on if you have income or not. If your receiving VA income lets say for PTSD or on going health conditions, then based on that amount, VA Medical will charge you Co Pay for your medication. Yet, again, it could possibly be waivered, check into it.

The VA Hospital Business Office, will be glad to help you I'm sure. They did me.
  • Options
    jackdjackd Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone go to James A Haley in Tampa? we may have crossed paths.