In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any door gunners out there, this may touch home

VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
edited September 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
I apologize for using U-Tube, but they have some good pics

any questions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGtQSjLduQw&feature=related

Comments

• Options
    jeffvnjeffvn Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    that you tube flick showed my ship 496 at the front left of a picture of blackcat helicopters getting ready to pick some arvns up in 1969 brings back alot of memories we lost the skids on 535 but pilot kept it going and they landed back in marble on a pile of mattresses 65-9535 balled up due to too steep an approach due to smoke ship cutting his landing to close in front in a hot lz. did 30 in the army in aviation/ airborne.
    + now about to pull the plug again in the faa for good. 218 days left short. then i can work on guns full time the hell with aircraft guns are safer. jeff hueygunner
  • Options
    krawiechkrawiech Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i was in the 282 in sept 66 in pleiku i was a crew chief on 65-5670 good to hear from you welcome home
  • Options
    70-10170-101 Member Posts: 1,006
    edited November -1
    I spent about two weeks as a door gunner on a UH-1D, I used a free 60.

I only lasted two weeks because I found out the life expediency of huey crew, was 90 days or less, in my division.
  • Options
    shootemup56shootemup56 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a gunner on a huey gunship for the 213ASHC out of Phu Loi The Blackcats deffinatley a year to remember 70-72 I did atour and ahalf didnt make it the full second trip if you know what i mean,its been rough but Im making it thanks to the VA.
  • Options
    joker19joker19 Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry Krawich, 282 AHC was in DaNang.........your busted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i arrived in pleiku in sept 65 i was assigned to the 172nd avn co in the summer of 66 the 282nd arrived in vietnam our platoon was then assigned to the 282 our company hq was in danang but there was also another platoon of the 282 south of pleiku as well as our platoon after i derosed maybe you met ron moyer he was sent to the 282 so dont be so quick to condemn someone our co was major whitman
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joker19
    sorry Krawich, 282 AHC was in DaNang.........your busted.
    like i said i was with the 282 in pleiku in 66 just before i derossed back to the world originally our platoon was with the 172nd avn co 52nd avn brig when the 282 came in the summer of 66 our platoon and another platoon further south were placed in the 282. when i left nam i recieved a plaque with a black kat on the front of a helicopter i hope this helps you believe of where and when i served we wereunder c/o maj whitman we had an sfc ferguson sgt sizemore pfc ron moyer sp4 bob flick hank