In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I just had to join this site!

RaulDukeRaulDuke Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
I like the thread about C'Rat's......

I was surfing the net tonight looking for REAL Vietnam brothers, and obviously found it![:)]

Only those of that served in the bush will ever appreciate C-Rat's

When you are hungry enough, even the Ham and Limas can taste like your Mom's split pea and ham soup.

When you were hungry enough, even a dry cracker tasted good.

But the biggest problem in the bush wasn't food.....it was water!

Comments

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spam,nothin like "Spam"[:o)]
  • Options
    George of the JungleGeorge of the Jungle Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WE had LRRP's a freeze dried meal, we got three of them and six C rats for three days. They were good, but they never beat a home cooked meal.
  • Options
    swampratswamprat Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sargent alway wound up with ham&lima,he would open the case upside down,daha a25% chance one in the center is H&L beans.We also got some1944 c"s with Wing cigs and a bisket an M16 round would not dent.The only time we got hot food we got the medics giving that damn hemoglobin shot for mountain marlia,so we were told.I found a fruit the size of a plum but red and it tasted like a cherry-peach mix,I saw the monkey eat it so I did too,still here.Mike
  • Options
    StingSting Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ham and lima's were great. But, you had to trade to also get the little cheese and crackers packet from somebody.

Make the ham and lima's really hot, melt the cheese in it, crush and add the crackers, eat while hot.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RaulDuke

But the biggest problem in the bush wasn't food.....it was water!

Yep!