In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Veterans Day

CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
edited November 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
Its a day early but I wanted to wish A big God Bless you to all our Vietnam Veterans. We were and are what others refused to be. I am an Nam era vet and have nothing but the utmost respect for those who were there!

God Bless!

Comments

• CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I got out of the Army, back from the Nam 30 years ago today, Nov 11, 1969 at Ft Lewis Wa. actually it was 12:05 am Nov 12 1969 on my discharge. Couldn't sign the papers on a holiday. Welcome home everybody who served.
    W.D.
  • Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many years???[:D]
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    18 months in country, been out 30 years today.
    W.D.
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Home and Thank You to all my brothers and sisters.Just a note of Thanks to Golden Corral,I realy injoyed my Free meal.I saw a lot of Iraq vets,did not find any wannabe in this group.Again thanks
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better late than never...

I was at the local VFW wednesday to pay my respects. I gave a WWII vet friend of mine a ride because he can no longer see good enough to drive.
    Another WWII friend met us there. He can't hear very well because he was in the army/artillery division. He won a 27lb ham. If I won I was going to give it to one of these gentlemen, after all they deserve it more than I do.
    They had free turtle soup, ham,turkey,bacon and pork chop raffles.
    We laughed joked had a few cold ones and discussed WWII things like the M1 carbine and the 1903 springfield.

I ran into a couple other WWII and Korean war friends there also.

My father(korea)didn't make it, his back and leg was bothering him.

Bless those that served and are not around because they gave their life so I/we can sleep at night!!!