In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Please Help

woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
edited November 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
My Dad Was in WWll Came home Thank God. and For Many Many years until he Passed in 1982 My Mom Was Digging Steel out of His Back as It festerd up
Why Did he Not Get a PURPLE HEART?
I was told it was from a Grenade.

Can Anyone Check the Records And Locate Anything?
Please Help.

Comments

• Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to the below web site and supply the information about your father. The more information you can provide the easier you make it for the technicians that search the records.

Now that being said, there was a large fire in 1973 that destroyed a great deal of WWII records. I sent for my wife's dad's records and we got them though they were singed by fire. His last name started with the letter L. I don't remember what part of the alphabet that the records were destroyed. Good luck!

/www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably because no one ever recommended him for the medal. Or the paperwork got lost. Did he request to be awarded the medal? Go to the top of the forum page & get a copy of his DD214. This document will tell all of the medals he is qualified to receive. You will need his service number. My wife got all of her father's records by applying at the local V.A. office[;)]. It took about 3 months. Ed