In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Info on Nat Geographic episode

angelo muscatangelo muscat Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2009 in US Military Veteran Forum
I am trying to get info on a show that aired on the National Geographic channel a few years ago. I believe the series was called, Life on the Edge and the episode was "A Vietnam Story" or "A Vietnam Tale". I tried google but no luck.

It was an amazing story about a US soldier in vietnam that took a photo from a vietnamese soldier he killed. He tried to find the family of the dead soldier by putting the picture on the vietnam veterans wall. Through a series of events the photo eventually found its way to the family. I believe there is a book about it as well.

I'd like to get a video transcript (via producers) or the title/author of the book. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen that show a couple times on TV. I even ran into the correspondent who did the show while at the fashion island mall in Newport Beach Ca one day. I told him the show was very well done and a tear jerker.

The US soldier finally went to the village and gave the picture to the daughter of the soldier he killed.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK...... I did some research and found the following:

The show was Dateline on NBC. The reported was Keith Morrison. The US soldiers name was Richard Luttrell. The NVA soldier was Nguyen Trong Ngoan. The girls name is Lan Ngoan.